Finish Hone Operator
Sets up and operates a horizontal honing machine to hone the internal surface of metallic barrels that are utilized in the injection and extrusion molding machines. This work involves finishing to close tolerance dimensions using precision the Hone Machine, related tooling and inspection gages.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, work orders, specifications, drawings, blueprints, and procedure manuals.
- Sets up, operates and performs preventive maintenance of Honing machine and equipment.
- Positions workpiece in fixture or on machine table, and secures it with clamps and wrenches, verifying positions with instruments such as surface gages and dial indicators.
- Selects feed rate, honing speed, adjust coolant flow depth cut to optimize metal removal according to knowledge of metal properties, abrasives, and shop mathematics.
- Uses a variety of precision measuring instruments and tools to ensure proper tolerances are maintained.
- Replace worn honing stones.
- Meets established standards for productivity and quality.
- Operates overhead crane systems and material handling equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-3 years' experience in a machine shop and/or the equivalent in training in shop practices.
- Must have the ability to read specifications, drawings, blueprints, and procedure manuals and the use precision instruments.
- Ability to utilize various internal Nordson Xaloy's Computer applications and systems pertaining to work orders.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Experience with OTW Hones is preferred but not required.
- Professional and obtain great work ethics.
- A problem solver with initiative and a results-oriented mindset.
- Greatly attentive to detail.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule; OT may be required.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will utilize material handling equipment to move production material. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top