This Financial Analyst will have responsibility for accounting and financial functions, controls, and business partner support for select Nordson business units. This position will interact with multiple functions, including Corporate Accounting, Operational Leadership, Sales, and others to deliver accurate financial forecasting, meaningful performance updates, and business improvement insights.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Polymer Processing Systems (PPS) Global Capital spending report.
Coordinate with each subsidiary to get Capital spending details and prepare management summary report.
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting.
Coordinate with each subsidiary and prepare KPI management summary and Corporate KPI reporting.
- Prepare SAP GL reconciliations.
- Month end SAP journal entries.
- Compile Nordson Pacific Financials and provide input to Corporate Accounting.
- Compile and analyze monthly Corporate Sales Updates for management review.
- Fixed Asset Tracking.
- Sales Representative Commissions.
- Sales Tax reporting.
- Month end close responsibilities in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Forecast and budgeting in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Assist with Close of daily work orders.
- FRx reporting in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Ad-hoc financial analysis in support of the Core Components line of business.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration related field required.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in manufacturing accounting functions including: sales and distribution reporting, standard cost systems utilizing integrated bills of materials and labor routing systems, reconciliation of general ledger accounts, and general analysis of manufacturing operations required.
- Experience in global manufacturing environment preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Fundamental understanding of the interrelationships of Cost Accounting, Sales & Distribution, Manufacturing, and general financial concepts and systems, including general ledger and ERP systems, is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and to implement process improvements that generate time savings through automation and standardization.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to anticipate and effectively plan work in an independent manner.
- Ability to effectively interface with non-accounting personnel and management.
- Prior Microsoft AX and/or SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top