Field / Technical Sales Representative (Pacific Northwest-Western Canada)
A Field / Technical Sales Representative is responsible for selling a wide-range of products for Nordson EFD, throughout the designated region of the Pacific Northwest/Western Canada, to various customer segments, within various markets, through various sales methodologies. This position will be based out of a home office in Washington State.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns the region, understanding the construct and nuances of the region and developing action plans and strategies to grow that region beyond expected economic growth
- Responds to technical and commercial inquiries from customers and prospects in a prompt manner, addressing any customer troubleshooting or training assistance, requests for quotations, equipment recommendations and demonstrations
- Proactively contacts customers in the sales region, supporting past supply of Nordson EFD product and developing new opportunities within each customer location
- Reports on the region, including monthly forecasts, activities, key actions, key accounts and annual sales plans and key initiatives
- Utilizes all available sales tools, including CRM / C4C, sales presentations, demo equipment, Road Shows and Trade Shows
- Works with diverse groups to ensure customer satisfaction, including Customer Service (CSG), Tech Services, Shipping/Logistics, Engineering, and more
- Works with Marketing to support lead generation, product growth, product strategies and pricing, trade shows, and more, including MarComm and Product Line Managers (PLM)
- Travels throughout assigned territory to meet with regular and prospective customers, focused on becoming each customer’s manufacturing partner and fluid dispense expert
- Provides training assistance for new salespeople or new sales training manuals/protocol
- Understands all Nordson entities, their key products, and their key sales offerings. Works to ensure Nordson is successful, no matter how the sales credit is applied.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree
- In lieu of degree, experience requirement is 4+ years of related sales or technical experience
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Electrical and Mechanical technical aptitude highly preferred
- Strong technical and selling skills a must
- Goal orientated self starter
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Home Office / Manufacturing Environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top