Field Service Specialist
Responsibility for primary contact between Nordson and assigned customers. Provides installation supervision/technical support for the designated PPA (Packaging and Product Assembly) systems.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs or performs the installation of specialized automatic systems as necessary
- Maintains detailed knowledge of Nordson products, prices, policies, and procedures; knows which Nordson products can be most advantageously used with various Packaging and Product Assembly Market Applications
- Interfaces with the Sales Specialist to maximize the opportunity for sales of specialized equipment or other Nordson PPA systems
- Conducts schools in the theory, operation and maintenance of Nordson Specialized Systems for prospects and/or end users as necessary
- Interfaces with Specialized Application Engineering in data gathering for specialized system and formulation of proposals as required
- Trains Account Managers and Application Specialist in areas relating to the qualification, design, trouble shooting, and maintenance of all PPA Market and Engineered Systems equipment to raise the level of specialized applications expertise at a regional level
- Advises supervisor of new markets, changes in existing markets, competitor activities (prices and product changes), and needs for new or redesigned Nordson hardware
- Prepares and promptly submits administrative and technical reports as requested to supervisor and advises of all field tests or installation requirements that need assistance from Application Engineering, Existing Equipment Engineering, local Account Manager and Sales Specialist
- Maintain personal appearance, test equipment, and vehicles in a manner that reflects credit on the corporate image
- Overtime may be necessary as assignments dictate, to include weekdays, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- At minimum an Associate’s Degree in a mechatronics discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years related experience
Skills and Abilities
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge and skills
- Hydraulic systems knowledge and skills
- Basic electronic knowledge and skills to include the use of typical instrumentation, tools and equipment
- Ability to read and comprehend installation, dimensional and troubleshooting drawings/flowcharts plus hydraulic/pneumatic diagrams, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Basic understanding of PLC systems knowledge and interface
- Excellent computer skillset to maintain records, prepare correspondence, and for communication purposes
- Functional with Microsoft Office Suite programs, SAP
- Customer service skills
- Demonstrated supervisory skills as related to customer interface, equipment installation, and field engineering
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Field/Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Expect a wide variety of working conditions while in customer facilities, including but not limited to temperature, dust, lubricants (petroleum and organic based), varying humidity, noise, etc.
- Travel, nationally and internationally, by car and/or plane, therefore a valid driver’s license and current/renewable passport
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top