Field Service Engineer-Los Angeles
The Field Service Engineer will service new and existing equipment. This includes equipment installation and maintenance in the Automotive and Cold Materials lines of business.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support installation projects of new equipment.
- Serve as site manager and the Nordson representative during the installation effort.
- Supervise skilled tradesmen to construct and install all Nordson supplied equipment.
- Communicate and resolve issues to ensure successful sign off with customer is reached.
- Provide exceptional customer service to new and existing customers. Position requires mechanical, electrical and electronic knowledge and skills to perform necessary service and instruct others on maintaining equipment.
- Perform system audits of Nordson equipment.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of Nordson products and policies and follows procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Associate's degree or two year technical certificate, or 2-4 years' experience in lieu of degree/certificate.
- 3-5 years successful experience in industrial service or equipment installation is required.
- Experience with PLC troubleshooting with Allen Bradley controls required.
- Basic electro-mechanical troubleshooting skills required.
- Experience with robotics is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is desired
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience in the cold adhesives or finishing industry is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel, including intermittent international travel is required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Field environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 75%, domestic and international.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top