Field Sales (Application Specialist) (Remote - Chicago, IL)
The Field Sales (Application Specialist) sells adhesive application equipment in the assigned territory for the Packaging and Product Assembly customers. The territory for this position is Chicago, IL.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets or exceeds established sales budget for systems and parts in the assigned territory
- Develops and implements a territory sales plan to effectively cover and contact all customers within the assigned territory.
- Travels to customer locations regularly and spends majority of time visiting customers.
- Ability to accurately forecast sales on a monthly basis using the Nordson CRM system
- Identifies opportunities and works with Account Coordinator (Inside Sales) and Account Manager to sell systems and parts for assigned customers.
- Identifies new applications, system upgrades and new customer needs and recommends best solution to improve customer operations.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of Nordson products, prices, policies, and procedures; knows which Nordson products can be most advantageously used with all applications.
- Works with Nordson Technical Services, Product Application Engineering, Industry Specialists and Account Manager to develop written quotes for customer when needed. Completes production line audits and application details (speeds, material, dispense rates, etc.) to allow for development of written customer quote.
- Advises and collaborates with Nordson colleagues on new markets, changes in existing markets, competitor activities (prices and product changes), and needs for new or redesigned Nordson hardware.
- Responsible for updating key customer information such as (contacts, sales visits, opportunities, emails, phone calls, quotes, etc.) in the Nordson CRM system on a daily basis.
- Maintains professional appearance and company vehicle in a manner that reflects on the corporate image
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of Industrial sales experience in a field based (home office) territory position.
- Experience with CRM systems (prefer SAP or Salesforce)
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point) and SAP is preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Technical aptitude with the ability to learn
- Excellent Teamwork skills
- Strong territory and time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and team player
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Flexibility for overnight travel and working hours to meet customer requirements
Estimated: Estimated at 2-3 overnight stays per week
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Home office/Industrial Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top