Facility Maintenance Engineer
This position requires planning and execution of various projects and maintenance activities to support the day to day operations of the facility. This individual will be responsible for basic troubleshooting, coordinating contractors, overseeing contractor work and ensuring we receive world class service on time and within applicable budgets.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- First point of contact/responder for off hours facility needs or emergencies
- Responsible for ensuring facility readiness ahead of and an after storms
- Ability to manage contractors and multiple projects
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Anticipate business needs, respond promptly and maintain positive attitude/experience at all times
- Perform general repairs in maintenance related disciplines
- Maintain the physical functionality and safety of the facility
- Effectively cooperate and coordinate with department managers
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of projects
- Execute, maintain and improve preventative maintenance program
- Promote safety, security efforts and environmental
- Participate on the facility Emergency Evacuation and Safety Seams
- Participate in OSHA/Safety Programs within the facility through awareness in every day job functions
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of facility maintenance experience
- Must possess valid drivers license
- Must be able to work non-standard hours from time to time
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of facility equipment, Fire pumps, HVAC, Security Systems, Boilers, Generators, Plumbing systems, etc.
- Mechanical & Electrical aptitude preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Manufacturing/Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to stand up and move about the facility for the majority of shift. Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, push & pull up to 50 lbs. Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, walk on uneven surfaces on a frequent basis. Must be able to climb stairs occasionally, both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat). Must be able to work in variable temperature & humidity levels.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top