This Engineering Technician 2 supports engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication, and assembly of prototype electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, or specialized test equipment. Work is moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout, and troubleshooting functions.
- Conducts engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect design data or assist in research work. Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Assists in design, construction, test, and check-out of test equipment.
- Uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs oscilloscopes, signal generators, and specialized test apparatus.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- May provide trade show and sales presentation support.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 4-6 years of technician experience in Electrical and Mechanical Systems required.
- Associate's degree in an Engineering Technology discipline or related field preferred.
- Experience with manufacturing equipment required.
- Soldering, Wiring, Panel assembly and Cable assembly skills required.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot AC and DC electrical systems required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience supporting laboratory experiments preferred.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision ability. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Noise level is usually moderate. May require ear protection for comfort in some cases. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and some toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top