Engineer, Supplier Quality
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be focused on New Production Development and is responsible for driving exceptional supplier performance thus creating a world-class supply base that exceeds expections for the business group and the global Supply Chain team. Specific focus will be on proactive supplier analysis, development activities, technical support, part qualifications, improvement activities, corrective actions, and new product introductions to ensure component parts and assemblies are consistently manufactured in total compliance to specified requirements.. Simultaneously and in conjunction with the Strategic Purchasing Group this position will support the balanced improvement of quality, cost and service, all while operating within Nordson's Lean manufacturing principals.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track the supplier's performance indicators, based on their scorecards and rankings, to facilitate and develop the supply base's ability to consistently meet or exceed our defined expectations.
- Understand and define supplier technical, manufacturing and inspection capabilities
- Routinely provide performance communication to the supply base and internal personnel to ensure the proper use of suppliers based on defined commodity strategy.
- Develop the supplier's ability to support Nordson's Lean manufacturing principles and problem avoidance processes through the use of best in class quality, delivery and lead-time performance processes.
- Drive a systematic and statistical problem solving and process improvement approach utilizing Lean Six Sigma principles.
- Function as a technical liaison between suppliers, engineering, SCM group, business group, and manufacturing sites, to resolve supplier related issues.
- Assure supplier's corrective and preventive action plans are developed and executed in compliance with Nordson expectations. Report on the status of corrective actions, as required, to manufacturing, business group and executive management.
- Perform supplier on-site assessments and assistance visits for supplier selection, to improve supplier performance, and achieve Nordson's balanced improvement objectives.
- Develop and implement (APQP) Advanced Product Quality Planning and PPAP for new and existing purchase parts.
- Review supplier processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement, and value enhancement opportunities.
- Support and utilize the Strategic Group's activities and direction on supplier development, risk management, reduction and consolidation.
- Promote early supplier involvement at project development stages for design for manufacturability purposes.
- Support and coordinate with, the Strategic Group's new product activities and direction to optimize the transition from new product development to production.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in supply chain preferred or experience in supplier quality or manufacturing quality role.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma techniques and tools strongly preferred.
- Experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) preferred.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level
- Strong Teamworking skills and ability to compromise
- Statistical Process Control Understanding
- Industry specific DFM Knowledge
- Project Management skills
- Inspection/Metrology Experience (Method, GRR, CMM, VMR, tools)
- A balanced professional capable of seeing the big picture while managing the details
- Motivated by results
- Crititical thinking, Problem solving and multitasking abilities.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 15-30% Domestic and International
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top