The Controls Engineer assists the Controls Engineering Manager in meeting all electrical control needs. Position entails hardware design and documentation, software design and documentation, startup & debug assistance, and new product R&D.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proper selection of the appropriate hardware to develop a new control system
- Design & document hardware for electrical control systems
- Design and develop new control logic programs
- Develop, document and service operator interface screens
- Service and debug existing control logic programs
- Define controls requirements per application
- Estimate controls costs
- Robot programming and integration
- Integrate and program XYZ or other motion control equipment
- Development of department related standards and procedures
- De-bug control panels and programs
- Attend system run off
- Attend meetings with customers, sales staff, and vendors
- Perform technical support when necessary
- Commission and debug new equipment and prepare systems for shipment
- Perform service-related duties
- Support representatives, distributors, and sales staff
- Network and develop strong working relationships with customers and vendors
- Represent the company in a professional manner
- Adhere to corporate and departmental policies and guidelines
- ACAD experienced
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering is required in addition to 3-5 years of related experience. A combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proficient using AutoCAD to design & document electrical control systems
- Experience with PLC programming software
- Proficient with computers and knowledgeable with general office equipment
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Familiarity with Allen-Bradley, required. Familiarity with Siemens hardware/software strongly preferred.
- Able to perform under pressure while working on projects with specific deadlines
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top