The Application Engineer will focus on engineered system delivery management in our Container line of business.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage engineered system projects to completion, meeting milestone dates, system performance requirements, and customer expectations. Meet documentation needs for all systems including system manuals and spare parts lists. Work to exceed project specifications and customer expectations. This includes but not limited to the following:
- Complete product definition
- Support Sales/Customer Reviews
- Support of new system quotes and new application development projects
- Correct Use of Forms (internal processes)
- Timely communication to customers
- Cost management and margin improvement projects
- Time management
- Complete and accurate system documentation
- System Sign-off
- Embrace and follow the standard work practices developed for application engineering.
- Perform the engineering required to deliver an engineered system that meets and or exceeds the application requirements.
- Applying basic engineering principles
- Using system problem solving methods
- Developing new solutions and applications
- Appropriate equipment knowledge
- On or off-site pre-installation meetings and installation work as needed.
- Complete ownership of a project, performing the previously described functions to meet customer timing and performance requirements. This will include overtime and travel as required.
- Work within the procedures set forth in Nordson ICS ISO-9001 instructions
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required.
3-5 years experience in project related engineering
Experience managing multiple projects, required.
Prior experience working in Capital Equipment, Manufacturing or Automotive industries, preferred.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrated mechanical ability and knowledge
- Ability to design, read and interpret electrical schematics, preferred
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Product and part pricing experience preferred
- Ability to analyze cause and effect within a complex system
- Prior use of SAP, preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 10% Domestic and International
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top