Document Control Coordinator
The Document Control Coordinator enters data in databases, logs, catalogues, and maintains files of engineering drawings, specifications, ECOs, and other related documentation. Respond to requests to reproduce technical manuals. Assigns part numbers as well as numbers for ECOs, Deviations, and Line Shutdowns. Some assignments can be moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assigns document numbers and reviews ECOs for revision status, user alert codes, compliance codes, etc. prior to logging them into the system; resolves discrepancies in order to move the ECO forward.
- Maintain filing systems for various media types, including electronic, hard copy, and physical discs.
- Operate and maintain equipment for the reproduction of documentation, including ordering supplies and facilitating service calls for equipment maintenance.
- An understanding of engineering change management principles, including part numbers, BOM’s, configurations and engineering change processes.
- Generate status reports for approval packets, pending training tasks, line shutdowns, etc.
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Requires a high school diploma/GED
- Minimum 2 years experience executing the above listed responsibilities preferred
- Must be familiar with the following or similar software: Master Control, Dataflo, Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.
- An aptitude to perform detail oriented work requiring a high degree of accuracy along with timely processing.
- High proficiency in computer skills with the ability to generate department metrics.
Working Environment and Physical DemandsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include, close vision, color vision. Noise level Is usually moderate.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top