Director of Sales, PPS Core Components Americas
The PPS Americas Sales Director is responsible for sales of PPS in the U.S. and Canada. This position supervises and manages U.S. and Canadian sales, service, technical support and customer service as well as generates strategic plans and develops sales programs, and ensures high-quality customer service.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and develops commercial strategy for sales of PPS inclusive of determining correct selling channels
- Develops sales targets and expense budgets for the U.S. and Canadian business. Prepares regular and special sales reports.
- Manages the organizations reporting to achieve or exceed sales targets while operating within expense budgets.
- Reviews the records and reports of field sales engineers; advises them of the division’s sales promotion programs; counsels them regarding their follow-up in the field.
- Recruits, selects, trains, appraise performance, and administer wages and salaries of subordinates; determines assignments and changes employee status in accordance with corporate policy.
- Acts as key part of the group’s management team, setting goals and objectives, planning and developing strategy.
- Participates in ensuring that the group has the correct equipment for its markets by working with design groups and the business units. Confers with Business Unit Managers and participates in developing marketing policy; recommends product and product line revisions and pricing changes.
- Plans and develops advertising, promotion, and publicity activities. Coordinates work of advertising agency in administering programs.
- Recommends participation in industrial, scientific, and other types of exhibitions on the basis of estimated value to the division.
- Coordinates with Production or other units on matters concerning delivery or service; corresponds with customers by mail or telephone, depending on nature of problem.
- Studies and interprets data relating to overall results of the sales operation and takes appropriate action to correct or improve sales performance.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration. MBA a plus.
- 10 years progressive direct sales/account leadership experience in the capital equipment industry managing a sales budget in excess of $100 million including past supervisory experience
- Experience in developing sales channel strategies.
- Experience leading/developing a sales team.
- Experience managing P&L and budget spend.
- Experience in customer/contract negotiations.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to deal with and influence key senior level decision-makers across customer organizations.
- Proficiency in critical technologies (MS Office, CRM technologies, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize, organize and facilitate effective calls and meetings.
- Ability to analyze reports and to make fact based decisions.
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced organization.
- Experience with managing/reading customer metrics/scorecards.
- Highly developed verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed organizational detail and problem solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Nordson products and applications or closely related Nordson type products and markets preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top