Designer-Container, Liquid, UV
The Designer will be responsible for supporting the Container, Liquid and UV lines of business within the Industrial Coating Systems business. This individual must be able to support the Engineer and provide all the system detail drawings.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce quick and accurate system drawings and models using good design skills bringing the project to completion on time. Flexibility and multitasking is a must. Requirements can change day to day with a variety of skill sets required
- Maintain proposal list at a manageable level by communicating with sales team
- Review existing designs and templates for accuracy
- Providing creative ideas and cost saving ideas as a way to improve product design
- Work with manufacturing, assembly, product development, and staging personnel, both internal and external to improve design detail and accuracy of product drawings thereby minimizing rework costs
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Associate's degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline with 2-4 years experience OR a Bachelor's degree in a Mechanical Engineering with applicable co-op or internship experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and 3-D modeling software, Solid Works experience preferred
- Experience in mechanical design, metal, and plastic fabrication precision machined parts and assemblies
- Geometric tolerance dimensioning experience per ASME is desireable.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Machine design experience
- Experience with electrical cabinet layout and schematic drawings is a plus
- Ability to design and dimension metal and plastic fabrications, pneumatic assemblies, machined components
- Able to perform coordinate and geometric tolerance per ASME
- Able to produce and modify drawings and models in Solid Works and AutoCAD
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter with good communication skills
- Individual must be well rounded, accountable, flexible, and known to complete tasks on time
- Ability to work with minimal direction to work through design issues both individually and as a team member
- Ability to work on multiple projects with very short leads times
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top