The Designer is responsible for developing and improving extrusion and/or fluid processing equipment designs.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Product Design (90%)
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications using ProEngineer.
- Coordinate with and consult other employees in department to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Confer with customer representatives to review schematics and answer questions pertaining to installation of systems.
- Lay out, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
Continuous Improvement (10%)
- Participate and improve equipment design process and continually evaluating how to provide the customer with clear and concise designs.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate’s degree in mechanical design or related field, Bachelor of Science in Engineering field preferred
- 2-5 years of designing experience (preferred) and/or machining experience related to extrusion processing equipment
- Strong technical orientation, with ability to understand functionality and application of Nordson EDI products
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Experience with ProEngineer/CREO (preferred) and/or machining experience related to extrusion processing
- Must have strong interpersonal skills in order to interact with internal and external customers, suppliers and co-workers in a team based environment
- Must have ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently with minimal direction
- Must have exceptional communication skills: written, verbal, and listening
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimal amount of travel
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top