The Designer will be responsible for supporting Industrial Coating Systems lines of business. This individual must be able to support Engineers and provide system and component detail drawings in an autonomous environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete projects on time by efficiently producing accurate system drawings and models while utilizing good design skills and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T) .
- Flexibility and multitasking is a must. Requirements can change day to day with a variety of skill sets required.
- Review existing designs and templates for accuracy.
- Providing creative ideas and cost saving ideas as a way to improve product design.
- Optimize designs and minimize rework cost by working with manufacturing, assembly, product development, and staging personnel, both internal and external.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with applicable co-op or internship experience OR a combination of education and experience will be considered in leui of a degree.
- Prior experience with SolidWorks is required.
- Experience in mechanical and electrical design, metal, and plastic fabrication precision machined parts and assemblies.
- GD&T experience per ASME is desireable.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Machine design experience
- Ability to design and dimension metal and plastic fabrications, pneumatic assemblies, machined components
- Able to perform coordinate and geometric tolerance per ASME
- Able to produce and modify drawings and models in Solid Works.
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter with good communication skills
- Individual must be well rounded, accountable, flexible, and known to complete tasks on time
- Ability to work with minimal direction and resolve design issues both individually and as a team member
- Ability to work on multiple projects with very short leads times
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top