Customer Support Technician
A customer support technician is capable of providing product and service info, resolving emerging problems our clients may have with accuracy, efficiency and confidence with excellent troubleshooting, investigative problem solving skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage incoming service and support calls
- Manage time to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Generate sales leads for upgrade and or parts
- Resolve customer complaints / machines problems via phone, email or text
- Able to greet customers warmly to ascertain problem or reason for calling
- Identify machine components / parts for the sales of spare parts or warranty replacement.
- Able to work with customer service lead / manager to ensure proper customer service and support is being delivered
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Direct customer requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
- Communicate and coordinate with other internal departments
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Other all duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of customer support / service experience
- Minimum of 1 year with schematics knowledge, electrical and computer related troubleshooting
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic pneumatics knowledge
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment, including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top