Customer Support Representative
The Customer Support Representative position processes transactions routed to the Standard Order Desk within the Customer Service Order to Cash (OTC) department. This includes processing inbound requests for quotes, orders, or inquiries sent via fax or email from internal and external customers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and update standard sales orders and quotations in SAP in a timely manner according to established goals of the Standard Order Desk Supervisor received via fax or email from internal and external customers.
- Answer inquiries regarding order status, inventory availability, delivery dates, and pricing from sales reps and customers
- Follow correct process to communicate with other Nordson teams to solve problems and get the information needed for an inquiry.
- Ability to learn and use Nordson case management technology to retrieve and update status of each task assignment
- Conduct themselves in a way that fosters a positive, supportive, and professional work environment in which everyone is treated with dignity and respect
- Identify opportunities to enhance and improve their daily tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Base performance standards against established metrics to drive performance improvements
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred
- One to two years CSR experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Good time management skills
- Customer focused
- Team Player
- Relevant experience in a customer service related environment or a business environment is highly desired
- Computer literate
- SAP system knowledge
- Able to work under pressure
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism when dealing with customers and associates
- Have a strong desire "to deliver on time"
- Have a hands on and "let's get it done" attitude
- Outstanding customer focus including attributes of empathy, compassion, and service orientation
- Ability to use a computer to maintain records, to prepare correspondence, and for communication purposes (i.e. Internet).
- A proven track record of successfully leading teams
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Adaptability/flexibility which includes being open to change and conducting business differently
- Savvy with technology which includes use of web-based platforms, case management, etc.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top