Customer Service Representative
This position is responsible for receiving orders from customers and entering the orders in the company software system.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Enters customer orders (catalogs, product, product samples) into IFS, received via mail, facsimile, e-mail or telephone.
- Operates phone system; hold, page, speaker phone, voicemail, etc.
- Captures, posts and reports authorized credit card transactions.
- Enters customer support issues into the ERP software, resolves or escalates customer support issues.
- Reviews and interprets accounts receivable status for order approval purposes.
- Assists Technical Support and answers general technical related customer questions.
- Answers or routes customer questions.
- Provides customer quotes as needed to assist Sales Associates
- Maintains an understanding of the online ordering process to support online customer issues.
- Works on special projects, including sales support, as requested by supervisor.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and 1-3 years customer service or telemarketing work experience, or the equivalent combination
of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Familiar with ISO 9001 procedures.
- Strong verbal communication skills. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to
write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Basic math skills. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions etc.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Basic data entry skills.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in tense situations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong typing skills
Proficient in use and navigation of Windows operating system in a networked environment. Functional understanding of Outlook E-mail, Word and Excel. Internet navigation proficiency.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear, occasionally
required to reach with hands and arms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top