Customer Service Manager (Inside Sales)
Check out Nordson on The Muse! www.themuse.com
Responsible for managing the Inside Sales/ Customer Service Department and the processes and systems related to servicing our customers and supporting the sales staff that supports PPS group in North and South Americas. Establish open lines of communication with all departments to promote exceptional levels of customer satisfaction. Provide team members with the appropriate training, tools, direction and motivation that enable their success. Contribute to a continuous improvement strategy that ensures the organization is able to meet or exceed customer expectations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, manage and direct the Inside Sales Representatives and all customer service activities.
- Develop, implement and update process improvements and procedures related to servicing our customers and supporting the sales staff.
- Create and maintain daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements for Sales department and the company.
- Analyze customer expectations and use them to set organization-wide service standards and KPIs to measure that the standards are being met.
- Responsible for supervision of order entry, answering Inside Sales phones, data entry in CRM/ERP systems and performing all Customer Service activities as necessary.
- Oversee Customer Service Out-bound Calling initiatives to call current customers, expand product lines, contact dormant customers and gather market information in order to facilitate revenue generation.
- Liaison between Sales, Manufacturing/Scheduling, Quality and other departments to ensure customer needs are met.
- Manage product samples to be sent to customers as requested by Sales. Update CRM with appropriate activities related to sample requests, such as follow ups, opportunities, to-do completion, letter completion, etc.
- Responsible for Trade Show lead import into CRM.
- Manage Customer Service efforts to resolve customer issues in a timely and effective manner. Ensure effective procedures are in place to resolve customer issues.
- Comply with Nordson Global Compliance Policy – screen each international customer (export) against the Denied Trade Screening list. Update the ERP system with the approval.
- Assist Quality department in any recall or notification processes.
- Participate in training requirements to meet company and ISO standards.
- Gain knowledge of all products and services. Keep current with all changes through continuing education.
- Participate in the hiring process and the training/development process within the department.
- Assist department co-workers to improve their skills and knowledge through day to day coaching and mentoring.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and 5-8 years customer service experience required
- 3 years managing/leading a team required
Skills and Abilities
- People leadership and management experience.
- Inside Sales leadership experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to take initiative
- Customer service oriented
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and order data entry
- Ability to multi-task and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Outside Sales experience, while not necessary, will be an added bonus.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office Environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to effectively execute this role. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top