Credit Management Specialist
The is responsible for ensuring timely processing of orders and invoices when exceptions to policy occur and timely resolution to disputes and deductions. Position requires an individual who has sound problem solving skills, the ability to identify obstacles or issues and work both independently and in a team environment to develop and propose solutions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and approves orders for shipment when exceptions to policy occur
- Customer Prepayment management
- Credit hold management
- Invoice management
- Deduction management
- Dispute management
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires High School Diploma or GED; Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience is required with an Associates degree
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience is required without a degree
- Strong background in commercial collections
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Professional and personable demeanor over the phone
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational, decision-making and follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to adjust to flexible environment
- General knowledge of changing economic conditions
- Ability to problem solve through technical and analytical analysis
- Strong skills in experience and improvisation through the use of innovative thinking
- Knowledge in use of personal computer and PC Software (Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of SAP
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Experience in the Manufacturing industry a plus
- Outstanding customer focus including attributes of empathy, compassion and service orientation
- Passionate and high energy which can assist in selling future vision to customers
- Strong detail orientation, with focus on data quality
- Adaptability/flexibility which includes being open to change and conducting business differently
- Focused on continuous learning and developing new skills
- Excellent process orientation which focuses on efficiency without losing sight of customer experience
- Savvy with technology which includes use of web-based platforms, case management, etc.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top