Ensure the prompt collection and adjustment of receivables through effective use of verbal and written communication skills. Position requires an individual who has extensive knowledge of specialized account requirements and can make decisions to resolve customer credit situations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and approves orders for shipment when exceptions to policy occur.
- Answers correspondence and inquiries from customers and field sales personnel on customer credit issues.
- Recommends placement of delinquent accounts for third party collections.
- Negotiates payment terms within established guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Requires High School Diploma or GED; BA degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience is required with an Associate's degree.
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience required without a degree.
- Commercial collection experience preferred with a strong background in accounts receivable and credit extension.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- General knowledge of changing economic conditions
- Knowledge in use of personal computer and PC Software (Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of SAP
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Superior organizational, decision-making and follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top