Creates CNC programs to manufacture parts based on engineering blueprints. Must have a thorough knowledge of the CAM software to create tooling, geometry and tool paths to manufacture parts for available machine equipment. Fully utilizes machine's capabilities to maximize material utilization and productivity. Ensure computer programs produce parts that meet quality and cost expectations. Serve as a liaison between Design Engineering and Production to determine the best way to manufacture product. Work as a team with the other operator to have quick change overs in both machines. Prepare tooling for mill turn machines. Develop and coordinate continuous improvement in the work cell with other operators, programmers and engineers. Open communication to improve processes, tooling, productivity, quality, and machine programs. Flexibility to work different shifts to accommodate training and process improvements.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for programming Mill/turns, Lathes, Mills and other equipment as required.
- Creates CNC programs to manufacture parts based on engineering blueprints.
- Work closely with machine operators to ensure that computer programs produce parts that meet engineering specifications.
- Understand equipment capabilities and available tooling to develop programs that maximize part accuracy, material utilization and machine productivity.
- Work in conjunction with Manufacturing and Design Engineers to recommend product modifications that will result in cost savings due to reduction in material content and /or fabrication time.
- Performs the duties of this position effectively in a fast-paced business environment with on-going project deadlines.
- Ability to understand and follow corporate quality assurance work instructions.
- Understand equipment capabilities and available tooling to develop programs that maximize part accuracy, material utilization and machine productivity
- Ability to read, interpret and organize daily activities from policies, procedures, work instructions and control documents.
- Skilled in team processes, ability to work with others to identify and solve problems, resolve conflicts and optimize opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate Degree in technical discipline such as Manufacturing Technology or Computer Programming preferred or equivalent on the job experience.
- 3-5 years of experience programming CNC Milling and Turning machines. Preferably programming experience utilizing 3D part models / solid models and 5-axis machine tools.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of CAM to create tooling, geometry and tool paths to manufacture parts for available machine tools.
- 3-5 years of experience with Esprit CAM Software and Crash Guard Software
- Experience operating WFL Mill/Turn Equipment preferred
- Experience with Injection/Extrusion Barrels and/or Screws preferred
- Experience with Zoller Presetters preferred
- Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and engineering specifications.
- Capable of using measuring devices for equipment set-up and product inspection.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Training will take place in Pulaski, Virginia
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top