CNC Machinist - Day Shift
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Successfully perform the following:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
- Select, align and secure the holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines.
- Up load programs from network to the machine controller or enters commands to operate the machine manually.
- Calculates and sets machine controls to position spindle in relationship to work piece and to regulate factors such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Stops machine to change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications.
- Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Discusses control media errors with supervisor or programming personnel to resolve problems.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities including 5S, kaizen and other lean events.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate’s degree in Machine Tooling (preferred)
- 1-3 years of experience as a CNC Machinist preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints and work instructions
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to analyze work flow and bring forward or make changes to work flow
- Ability to work from verbal instructions and/or sketches
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top