CAD Operator I
A Computer Aided Design (CAD) Operator I operates a CAD software package, applies defined techniques and established procedures to perform assigned tasks. Performs routine functions which do not require previous experience. Develops an understanding of CAD Design practices and principles as utlized at Nordson EFD.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses CAD Systems to generate and maintain mechanical part drawings in both 2D and 3D form
- Learn the requirements of CAD Software Application procedures and processes as they relate to the creation and maintenance of mechanical part drawings
- Works under the direction of the Department Manager in aiding local engineering and manufacturing personnel in processing their mechanical part documentation
- Make simple decisions but refers most questions/problems to Senior CAD Operators, Engineers or Department Manager.
- Learn requirements of and ensure compliance with Drafting and Engineering Standards
- Learns to create 3D models, complete with overall dimensions, tolerance, fits, finishes and material selections under the direction of the Senior CAD Operator or Engineer.
- Cross train on other department position tasks in order for provision of backup support when needed
- Performs routine tasks, focus on customer needs and satisfaction, facilitate efficient and accurate creation and maintenance of mechanical part documentation
- Works with Manager set priorities and specified time limits. Manages time, and monitors work flow in a systematic and dependable manner
- Develops an understanding of CAD practices, principles, methods and techniques
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma with completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field with 0-2 years CAD experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment. (Possibility to hire at Level II with an Associates Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering with 3-5 years of CAD experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment.)
- Basic experience working with Microsoft Office software
- Basic knowledge of mechanical drafting principals, practices, methods and techniques as well as computer-aided design software.
- Basic skills in reading and interpreting manufacturing drawings
- Basic mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Exhibits basic level problem solving to help resolve issues or develop new and improved methods of work
- Familiarity with Engineering Change Orders (ECO)
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Basic experience working with SolidWorks CAD and PDM Enterprise softwares
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work instructions, and standard operating procedures
- Ability to create routine reports, presentations and correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, coworkers, and customers via a presentation or report
- Ability to coordinate and track activities by metrics
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top