Business Systems Analyst
The Business Systems Analyst will project manage special initiatives such as gap analysis and implementation of business applications as well as establishing and leading best-in-class pricing processes within Polymer group. Also work directly with business group and applies IT and business knowledge and experience to formulate an IT solution for a business problem. This individual must be capable of managing project initiates on the product floor with the ability to work directly with operators.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Creation of repeatable, actionable analytics and metrics that can be leveraged within PPS to facilitate local decision making.
- Development of internal analytical resources that are deployed geographically to manage and facilitate business solutions.
- Provide insight on processes, assessments and give recommendations to business unit based on findings.
- Monitor pricing and margin performance, work with product management re CI pricing initiatives.
- Providing technical expertise and leadership to the business on projects/initiatives involving assessment, design, development and implementation of business systems.
- Working with business partners(s) to define requirements, analyze them, define resulting application and reporting changes and develop cost/benefit comparisons.
- Lead system/reporting analysis, design, testing, and documentation for business solutions.
- Monitor, analyze, and recommend enhancements to existing application/reporting systems and solutions.
- Collaborate with technical teams to determine technical design, development activities and manage deliverables. Ensure that projects follow company's project management and validation methodologies.
- Support efforts to program, test, and implement projects and enhancements.
- Supervise the efforts of external and internal programmer resources/vendors, as required.
- Maintain state of the art business and technological knowledge to enable the constant improvement of information systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical related discipline, master's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability utilizing Microsoft Excel to analyze large data sets
- Knowledge of automated systems in a production/operations environment
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve cross-functional problems related to business operations utilizing statistical analysis methodology.
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to perform analyses such as GAP, process mapping, root-cause, risk, and requirements data gathering.
- Exposure (1-3 years) in MS Project, Planview, Clarity or similar project management tool.
- Advanced knowledge of PC and related software applications (PowerPoint, Visio, Excel).
- Highly skilled in interpersonal and verbal/written communications, presentations, math, analytical and problem-solving, use of analytical tools (e.g., MiniTab, Excel graphs).
- Outstanding writing, speaking, presenting and interpersonal communication skills
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to effectively execute this role. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top