Associate Software Quality Engineer
The Associate Software Quality Engineer is responsible for assisting in the development and testing of software programs for customer products and internal support. The position normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments, and works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops test plans, executes and automates tests on various hardware platforms and documenting results.
- Debugs and characterizes defects, providing detailed configuration and descriptions for passing and failing tests for product evaluation reports.
- Maintains Continuous Integration systems and processes.
- Assists with the configuration management of software builds and technical documentation.
- Supports development of software installation tools.
- Maintains documentation of test operations and reports results to engineering.
- Assists production and field service engineers with software issues.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience
- Requires a BA or BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- Software programming related coursework or experience required.
- Software Quality experience required.
- Experience with various test methodologies.
- Experience with Test Automation Tools or Scripting
Skills and Abilities
- Experience writing scripts or software with Python, Delphi or C#.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities; ability to multi-task.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability and discipline to follow standards, procedures, checklists, and design documents.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently/ self-starter.
- Basic understanding of scripting technologies such as Office macros, PowerShell, Windows Scripting Host.
- Experience using TestComplete, Microsoft Test, or other test automation software preferred.
- Experience working with automation equipment (robotics and electro-mechanical devices) preferred.
- Basic troubleshooting knowledge of electronics and mechanical theory preferred
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 5-10% Domestic & International
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top