Associate Engineer, Software
The Associate Software Engineer is responsible for developing, troubleshooting and debugging software programs for Machine Control and Automation.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging control software.
- Designs and implements control architectures.
- Research, Select and implement Automation Control Components including controllers, Motors, Motor Control Packages, Sensing technologies and other control hardware.
- Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Support Design and write control software for robotic systems.
- Write Drivers for interface and communication with Automated components and systems.
- Develops and recommends corrective actions. May conduct feasibility studies on new and modified designs.
- Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming language and technologies.
- Construct Database interfaces for managing system data and communicating with customer Host software. Completes documentation and procedures. May interface with users to define system requirements.
- Travels to domestic and international customer sites to identify and resolve software issues. Travel will be 10% or less.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience in software programming and software development preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with C#, C, Visual Basic, programming languages.
- Familiarity with embedded control systems.
- Strong understanding of Mechanical and Electrical Systems required.
- Strong Interest in Automation and machine control is required.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal (10% or less)
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top