Associate Engineer, Customer Quality Assurance
The Associate Engineer, Customer Quality Assurance is primarily responsible for leading containment activities and performing on ISO 9001 audits.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead global containment activities and communicate containment risks to global locations.
- Maintain Nordson ICS QMS system (ISO 9001), including training and document control for all applicable departments.
- Manage ISO 9001 internal and external audit processes in our Amherst, OH and Plymouth, MI facilities.
- Develop and implement quality programs, including tracking, analyzing, reporting and problem solving
- Apply the principles and terminology associated with Lean processes toward defect reduction.
- Maintain positive relationships with internal/external customers and suppliers, accessing risks for all stakeholders.
- Analyze and publish metrics associated with QMS and department objectives.
- Participate and often lead corrective and preventive action projects, using traditional troubleshooting tools.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or manufacturing engineering, required
- 0-3 years experience in manufacturing engineering; if 0 experience, co-op or internship preferred.
- ISO 9001-2015 exposure or certification experience, preferred
- Document control experience, preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to represent statistical data in Excel or Minitab (SPC charts)
- SAP experience with BW reporting, desired
- Greenbelt or Yellow Belt Certification, preferred
- Basic metrology skills needed to perform quality checks on products, with exposure to GD&T, preferred.
- Comfortable trainer – developing and presenting material to internal customers.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal – <10%
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top