Support assemblies by insuring parts are available when dies are scheduled to be assembled and perform a variety of assembly operations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review bills of materials and insure parts are available in the assembly area to meet customer delivery date
- Prep assembly parts according to customer order
- Prep die bodies after chrome plating by stoning the bodies
- Study blueprints and/or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on worktables using hoists and/or vises.
- Fit and assemble parts to make dies, using machine tools and hand tools.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities including 5S, kaizen and other lean events.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 1-3 years of previous experience working in an industrial environment
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and parts specifications
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills
Preferred Skills and Abilities
Experience with various equipment and machining tools
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top