Application Specialist (Houston, TX)
Responsible for sales and service support for all customers in assigned territory. Travels extensively to assigned customers in the Southern Texas area. Spends majority of their time one-on-one with customers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales of systems and parts to existing customers and new customers in assigned territory.
- Travels to customer locations daily. Spends majority of time visiting customers.
- Identifies opportunities and works with Account Coordinator and Account Manager to sell systems and parts for assigned customers.
- Identifies new applications, system upgrades and new customer needs and recommend best solution to improve customer operations.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of Nordson products, prices, policies, and procedures; knows which Nordson products can be most advantageously used with all applications.
- Provides product and part number information to customer as re quested and as needed by customer to facilitate customer direct ordering. Creates formal quotes when required based upon customer needs.
- Works with Adhesives Technical Services, Applications Engineering and Application Specialists to develop written quotes for customer when needed. Provides production line audits and application details (speeds, material, dispense rates, etc) to allow for development of written quote.
- Meets established sales budget as assigned.
- Advises Regional Sales and Service Manager and Application Specialists of new markets, changes in existing markets, competitor activities (prices and product changes), and needs for new or redesigned Nordson hardware.
- Responsible for doing and keeping up-to-date on activity reports, contacts and line surveys in CRM system.
- Maintains personal appearance, test equipment, and vehicles in a manner that reflects credit on the corporate image.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associates Degree in technical/business discipline, military technical training, or equivalent 5 years related experience (in lieu of education) required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in a field territory position with sales or technical support responsibility is desired.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Proven record of technical selling skills.
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge and skills.
- Hydraulic systems knowledge and skills.
- Electronic knowledge and skills to include the use of typical instrumentation, tools and equipment.
- Ability to read installation, dimension and troubleshooting drawings plus hydraulic/pneumatic diagrams, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Advanced knowledge of application requirements and parameters for all Nordson applications.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be a team player
- Creative thinker
- Ability to use a computer to maintain records – including Excel spreadsheets, to prepare correspondence, and for communication purposes (i.e. Internet).
- Spanish fluency, written and spoken
Estimated 40% (overnight) – other travel in assigned sales/service territory
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Home office/Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Back to top