Application Specialist - Field Sales (Central/Eastern Ontario)
The Application Specialist (Field Sales) sells precision adhesive application equipment in the assigned territory to customers in the Packaging and Product Assembly markets for the Adhesive Dispensing Systems Division of Nordson.
This positon will be based remotely. The territory for this position is Central / Eastern Ontario (Hwy 427 to the West, Lake Ontario to the South, Kingston to the East and Kapuskasing to the North).
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets or exceeds established sales budget for systems and parts in the assigned territory
- Develops and implements a territory plan that drives sales growth and maintains contact with all customers within the assigned territory
- Travels to customer locations regularly and spends majority of time interacting with customers.
- Ability to accurately forecast sales in assigned territory on a monthly basis using the Nordson CRM system
- Identifies opportunities and works with Account Coordinator (Inside Sales) and Account Manager as needed to lead efforts to sell systems and parts in the assigned territory
- Works with customers to identify new dispensing equipment needs, applications and upgrades and recommends best solution for improving customer operations
- Maintains detailed knowledge of Nordson products, prices, policies, and procedures; knows which Nordson products can be most advantageously used with all applications
- Works with Nordson Technical Services, Product Application Engineering, Industry Specialists and Account Manager to develop written quotes for customers when needed. Completes production line audits and accurately assesses application details (speeds, material, dispense rates, etc.) to allow development of correct Bill of Materials for customer quotes
- Advises and collaborates with Nordson colleagues on new markets, changes in existing markets, competitor activities (prices and product changes), and needs for new or redesigned Nordson hardware
- Responsible for creating and maintaining accuracy of key customer information in the Nordson CRM system, including contacts, sales visits, opportunities, emails, phone calls, quotes, etc.)
- Maintains appearance and company vehicle in a manner that reflects professionally on the corporate image.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of Industrial Sales experience in a field based territory position
- Experience with CRM systems (prefer SAP or Salesforce)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Skills and Abilities
- Technical aptitude with the ability to rapidly learn and/or adapt to evolving work requirements and technology.
- Strong territory planning and time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and team player
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Flexibility for overnight travel and working hours to meet customer requirements
Estimated at 2-3 overnights per week.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Home Office/Industrial Manufacturing Environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to effectively execute this role. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top