Application & Engineering Manager
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan engineering methods, policies and procedures, set up and optimize engineering process for the organization. Plan, direct and control the engineering resource of the organization to ensure operations achieve customer objectives and business strategy.
- Direct and control the engineering and technical operations of the organization in consultation with other line managers, Global engineering team and professionals to ensure that standards of quality, cost, safety and performance are observed and that time schedules are met.
- Define engineering strategy and build up engineering roadmap together with commercial, operation and global engineering team.
- Set up sourcing strategy and select qualified vendors and ensure all outsourced parts meet company standards, safety and quality goals.
- Coordinate the activities of the engineering function and encourage the exchange of information, ideas and techniques in the various engineering fields
- Activities include analyzing technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Forecasts operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests.
- Directs personnel activities of own department, such as recruitment, hiring, performance evaluations, and salary adjustments.
- May direct field testing of products and systems performed by field staff.
- Other engineering related activities required by the company
Education and Experience
- University degree or above, Master in engineering degree is preferred
- 8-10 years engineering and management experience, multi-national company background is preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Good command of English and communications
- Good interpersonal skills
- Expert in engineering software, such AUTO CAD
- Customer orientation and self-motivated style, proactive and result driven.
Back to top