Accounts Receivable Clerk
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for ensuring the prompt application of customer payments using SAP and Hanse Orga, processes daily credit card activity, processes sales tax credits to adjust customer accounts and produces monthly accounts receivable reporting. Position requires an individual who has extensive knowledge of accounting procedures, able to meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Post cash receipts
- Process credit card payments
- Research disputed credit card charges
- Process approved accounts receivable adjustments to customer accounts
- Accounts Receivable month end reporting
- Remittance onsite check scanning as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires High School Diploma or GED; Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience is required with an Associate degree
- Strong background in cash application and general accounting principals
- Strong background in Microsoft Excel
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of cash application
- Knowledge of credit card processing
- Knowledge of sales tax
- Knowledge of General accounting and accounts receivable
- Knowledge in use of personal computer and PC Software (Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of SAP and Hanse Orga
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Superior organizational, decision-making and follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to adjust to flexible environment and meet deadlines
- Experience in the Manufacturing industry a plus
- Outstanding customer focus including attributes of empathy, compassion and service orientation
- Passionate and high energy which can assist in selling future vision to customers
- Strong detail orientation, with focus on data quality
- Adaptability/flexibility which includes being open to change and conducting business differently
- Focused on continuous learning and developing new skills
- Excellent process orientation which focuses on efficiency without losing sight of customer experience
- Savvy with technology which includes use of web-based platforms, case management, etc.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top