Accounts Payable Specialist (Global Business Services)
The Accounts Payable Specialist performs a broad range of duties in support of the cash disbursements process to include: invoice processing, and vendor problem resolution. Interfaces primarily with supply chain, inventory control and receiving personnel on routine matters. Work is generally performed with moderate supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs a variety of accounts payable related duties such as:
- Handling of incoming invoices via mail, e-mail, or fax
- Processing of purchase order related invoices
- Obtaining invoice approvals as needed following policy guidelines
- Research and resolve vendor invoice/payment inquires timely
- Assist with other accounts payable clerical duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School graduate or equivalent is required
- College or Business school accounting courses preferred
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of related accounting clerical experience (Accounts Payable preferred) that provided a knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- SAP experience preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communication effectively at any level
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities; ability to multi-task
- Self starter
- Strong numerical and keying abilities
- Experience in the Manufacturing industry a plus
- Outstanding customer focus including attributes of empathy, compassion and service orientation
- Passionate and high energy which can assist in selling future vision to customers
- Strong detail orientation, with focus on data quality
- Adaptability/flexibility which includes being open to change and conducting business differently
- Focused on continuous learning and developing new skills
- Excellent process orientation which focuses on efficiency without losing sight of customer experience
- Savvy with technology which includes use of web-based platforms, case management, etc.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Business Unit Director
David grows Nordson’s business and manages customer demands. By maintaining organization and coordinating efficient internal teams, Nordson reduces costs and elevates the production activity.
Back to top