This GBS Accounting Clerk is responsible for performing a variety of accounting tasks and providing key assistance to the financial reporting process.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes monthly financial packages for subsidiaries using SAP's BPC reporting tool
- Prepares intercompany statements and performs analysis and reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Performs analysis and reconciliations of certain general ledger accounts
- Prepares and posts journals and adjusting entries to the general ledger.
- Assists with the monthly worldwide consolidation in BPC
- Prepares ad hoc reports upon request
- Provides assistance in all areas of financial reporting as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associates degree in Accounting required
- Minimum of two years experience related to description of duties or general accounting experience.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong fundamental accounting skills
- Working knowledge of SAP and financial data consolidation software (BPC or similar) is a plus
- Strong mathematical skills
- High level of integrity and reliability
- Strong initiative to meet deadlines consistently in an accounting function responsible for providing timely and accurate reporting to the SEC, shareholders, and executive management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks well, especially during monthly close cycle, and change priorities as needed
- Great relationship skills. Ability to interact with all levels of staff and financial management
- Strong skills required for communication, writing, and using Excel and Word
- Outstanding customer focus including attributes of empathy, compassion and service orientation
- Passionate and high energy which can assist in selling future vision to customers
- Adaptability/flexibility which includes being open to change and conducting business differently
- Focused on continuous learning and developing new skills
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top