Account Manager (Field Technical Support)
The Account Manager (Field Service Specialist) primarily services, provides technical support and sells application equipment and parts within an assigned territory and customer base. This positon will be based remotely with the ideal candidate being located west of Chicago, IL.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide on-site technical support directly to customers of Nordson Adhesive Dispensing Systems Support may be in the form of start-up assistance, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair, training or general technical counseling
- Coordinate efforts and assist Application Specialist with technical product and customer support, troubleshooting and training
- Interface with Application Specialist and Account Coordinator to maximize the opportunity for sales of specialized equipment or other Nordson Adhesive systems and parts to existing customer base and prospects
- Identify new technologies for equipment as required based upon application, customer and field engineering needs, and recommends best solution to improve customer operations
- Prepare and promptly submit all administrative and technical reports as requested to Regional Manager and advises of all field tests or installation requirements that need assistance from Application Engineering, Existing Equipment Engineering, and territory Application Specialist
- Responsible for auditing, documenting and updating customer installed base line survey information in our database
- Keep abreast and advise Regional Manager of new markets, changes in existing markets, competitor activities (prices and product changes), and need for new or redesigned products and applications.
- Follow documented policies and procedures
- Meet or exceed yearly assigned sales budget in coordination with Application Specialist (sales) territory representative
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate’s Degree in technical discipline or equivalent
- 3 or more years of industrial field service related experience
Skills and Abilities
- Strong mechanical and electrical knowledge and skills.
- Electronic knowledge and ability to utilize common instrumentation, tools and equipment (i.e. VOM volt/ohm/multimeter)
- Advanced hydraulic systems knowledge and skills
- Ability to read installation, dimension and troubleshooting drawings plus hydraulic/pneumatic diagrams, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use a computer to maintain records, including Excel spreadsheets to prepare correspondence, and for communication purposes
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office/Field environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
75% daily travel within assigned geographic territory with 1 to 2 overnight stays per week
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top