Account Manager (Field Technical Support)
The Account Manager (Field Service Specialist) services and sells application equipment to an assigned territory and customer base. The territory for this role is the East Region based in New England.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide on-site technical support to customers to promote Adhesives Systems. Support could be in the form of start-up service, maintenance, training or general technical counseling
- Coordinate efforts and assist Application Specialists with technical product support, troubleshooting and training
- Interface with Application Specialist(s) to maximize the opportunity for sales of specialized equipment or other Nordson Adhesive systems
- Identify new technologies for applications as required based upon application, customer and field engineering needs, and recommends best solution to improve customer operations
- Prepare and promptly submit administrative and technical reports as requested to supervisor and advises of all field tests or installation requirements that need assistance from Application Engineering, Existing Equipment Engineering, and regional Application Specialist
- Keep abreast and advise supervisor of new markets, changes in existing markets, competitor activities (prices and product changes), and need for new or redesigned products and applications
- Follow documented policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate’s Degree in technical discipline or equivalent
- 3 or more years of industrial field service related experience
Skills and Abilities
- Strong mechanical and electrical knowledge and skills
- Advanced hydraulic systems knowledge and skills
- Ability to read installation, dimension and troubleshooting drawings plus hydraulic/pneumatic diagrams, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use a computer to maintain records, to prepare correspondence, and for communication purposes
- Ability to use a computer to maintain records – including Excel spreadsheets, to prepare correspondence, and for communication purposes
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office/Field environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 75% daily travel with 25% overnight stays
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top