Account Manager - East Central, US (Medical Device/OEM)
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Account Manager will be collaboratively responsible for the revenue and growth of the Nordson Medical component product portfolio. These responsibilities will include: preparing quotes, proposals, sales analysis and reporting, responding to customer requests and coordinating with all departments to satisfy customer project requirements. This position will be based out of a home office in one of the following preferred locations: IL, IN, WI, MN.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cover assigned accounts as required to sell the Nordson Medical component product portfolio
- Primary duty will be making proposals, sales, obtaining orders and/or contracts for services
- Customarily and regularly engaged away from the employer’s place of business for the purpose of calling on customers and generating sales. Travel estimated up to 50%
- Build and maintain positive working relationships within Nordson Medical and all customers
- Identify prospective leads and manage lead entries and information from the CRM system. Proactively manage lead database to ensure prompt follow up and execution from lead to opportunit.
- Qualify prospective lead’s level of interest and prioritize follow up accordingly; via telephone, email, direct mail or in person to ensure all questions are answered and opportunities for sales are generated
- Attend and participate in sales activities, sales meetings, conference calls, training programs, conventions and trade shows as directed by management
- Create product acceptance and enhance small to moderate portfolio growth through business development activities.
- Convert presentations to commitments for demos, evaluations, proposals or sales
- Generate quotes, proposals, sales reports, pipeline reports and sales analysis of moderate complexity as necessary
- Meet and exceed sales plan as the primary interface between customers and internal operations
- Monitor and report competitor activity regarding products and sales activities
- Responsible for identifying new and potential customers, applying NPV analysis and qualifying new customers and opportunities
- Comply with required reports, requests and compliance policies
- Effectively manage field assets and resources to include, but not limited to, expense management, computer and other allocated equipment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 3-6 years of experience in Medical/OEM sales
- 5-7 years of Plastic Injection Molding Experience preferred
- OEM Project Management Experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good problem solving, analytical and business skills
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints High level of focus on customer service and sense of urgency on meeting customer needs
- Good computer skills and strong knowledge of MS office and CRM systems
- Detail oriented and self motivated
- Solid written and oral communication and presentation skills
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Home Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated at 50%
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Meet Some of Nordson's Employees
Taking on new challenges in multiple markets worldwide, Madeline takes pleasure in designing, testing, and improving Nordson's expansive products and systems as an engineer.
Back to top