The Account Manager will be responsible for capital equipment sales for non-automotive adhesive dispensing in West coast sales territory. Assigned territory includes AZ, CA, ID, NV, OR, UT, and WA. This is a remote position but should be located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sells new systems and parts at a level equal to or greater than established sales goals
- Identifies and investigates high value, new equipment applications, or new market opportunities
- Oversees details of sales order to customer
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing the daily work schedule
- Submits activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses
- Monitors competition by gathering current market information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical engineering, or other related field, and a minimum of five years capital equipment sales experience. Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of automated manufacturing processes is required.
- Sales skills including territory planning, prospecting, presentations, handling objections, closing and follow-up are required.
- Knowledge of competitor’s equipment, prices, policies, procedures, features and benefits is preferred.
- Strong technical communication skills are preferred.
- Willingness to be hands-on with equipment a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Home office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily without direct supervision. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Estimated 80% Domestic
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top