Head of Marketing Data Science
- New York, NY
Noom uses scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions that are leading causes of death worldwide. To save as many lives as possible, our Engineering and Marketing teams are at the forefront of Computational Marketing, trying to solve the puzzle of building a brand while maximizing marketing efficiency. Our Acquisition machinery is vital to the pipeline of new customers, and each dollar saved can go to helping another life.
We are looking for a hands-on Head of Marketing Data Science who can directly contribute to IC work around acquisition tooling and research, in parallel building a supporting team of Data Scientists, dedicated to creating a great marketing data experience.
What You'll Like About Us:
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- 9-figure annual marketing budget and data-driven company through and through.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals.
- We're a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you'll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You'll get three weeks' paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
What We'll Like About You:
- You have 5-6+ years of experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst in a similarly-sized organization, with a proven record of analysis and research that positively impacts your team.
- You possess a deep understanding of Marketing Data Science, and are ready to take on the mantle as Noom's thought leader in the field.
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- You possess excellent SQL/relational algebra skills, ideally with at least a basic knowledge of how different types of databases (e.g.: column vs row storage) work.
- You have a superior knowledge of statistical analysis methods, such as input selection, logistic and standard regression, etc.
- You are comfortable writing Python code, and have good working knowledge of pandas and numpy. We don't expect you to write production-quality code, but you should have some programming experience.
- You are comfortable with at least "medium data" technologies and how to transcend the "memory bound" nature of most analytics.
- Bonus points if you have a proven track record of growing data-science teams through great hires, as well as fostering the creation of a harmonious culture.
Back to top