Undergraduate Global Technology Internship
- Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Global Technology interns will support various functions across the enterprise, including Marketing & Digital Technology, Global Operations and Logistics Technology, or Enterpris Data & Analytics. The ideal intern candidate must be a strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture and the impact technology has across the entire organization. She/he/they must possess an enthusiasm for consumer facing digital technology and innovation and be able to listen and communicate effectively with both business and technical teams.
- Undergraduates with a graduation date of December 2021 or Spring 2022
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information sciences or related field
- Previous internship(s) in a digital technology organization, marketing/consumer facing technology organization, operations and logistics team, or enterprise data and analytics team
- Prior experience designing and implementing web/mobile applications
- Ability to write computer code that is correct, well tested, and easy-to-read
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON:
Marketing & Digital Technology:
Collaborate with software development teams and Nike's business to develop and analyze user stories, transform them into implementable components, and deliver inspirational new features to our consumers. You will take an active role in designing, writing and testing software to solve a business problem.
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.)
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, or MongoDB
Operations and Logistics Technology:
Be part of a mission critical team focused on building a high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant supply chain platform that drives Nike's Digital transformation and growth strategies! You will use your engineering background to take an active role in developing new products and technologies by collaborating with software development teams and Nike's business to develop and analyze user stories, transform them into implementable components, and deliver features.
- Experience working with cloud computing, virtualization, and/or containers including AWS, Azure, Google, IBM cloud, Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with Relational and Non-Relational data base technologies like Oracle, MS-SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Experience working with SAP platform and/or Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) like Manhattan.
- Supply chain, operations, and logistics specific coursework.
Enterprise Data and Analytics:
This team is revolutionizing Nike technology platforms and architecting a data and analytics landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey. You will design and build reusable components, frameworks and libraries at scale to support analytics products. You will clean, prepare and optimize data at scale for ingestion and consumption.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following computer programming languages: SQL, Python, Scala & Shell scripting.
- Knowledge of one or more big data processing frameworks like Hadoop, Spark (SQL & Streaming), Nifi, Flink.
- Experience working with cloud computing services like AWS EC2, AWS EMR, or Lambda.
- Experience with cloud data platforms/storage and/or NoSQL databases like Snowflake, AWS S3, Hbase & DynamoDB
- Experience working with business intelligence tools like Tableau
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top