Transportation Strategy Manager, North America Transportation
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
The Transportation Strategy Manager is responsible for international and domestic network analytics, performance management reporting, and carrier capacity and cost forecasting. The Transportation Strategy Manager partners with the International and Domestic operations teams to develop and maintain standardized performance management metrics and tools, recommend the long-term carrier strategy, LSP selection and allocation during recurring sourcing events, and forecast annual freight spend budget based on volumes, service levels, and rates. This role also partners with the Systems & Tools and Capability Development teams to support strategic analytics, business case development, and inform capability development pilots. Outside of North America Trade & Transportation, this role partners with Global transportation teams, Supply Chain Innovation, Finance, and Enterprise Data & Analytics to ensure alignment with overall Nike, Inc. strategy and vision.
Network Analytics & Capability Development
- Drive analysis of financial and operational performance data (e.g. modeling, predictive analytics) to identify key insights and opportunities to improve the end-to-end transportation network (e.g. carrier strategy, mode allocation, port mixture, transportation flows, etc.)
- Develop business cases and track implementation benefits for NA Transportation & Trade "Create the Future" initiatives. Own business case methodology to ensure benefits are robust and mutually exclusive across business cases.
- Provide Transportation analytics support to cross-functional teams conducting network modeling (e.g. FTZ, Drawbacks, DC location strategy, inventory placement, etc.)
- Develop and maintain standardized, regular performance management reports and KPIs (carrier scorecards, operational performance, Call for Routing reporting, etc.)
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to support strategic top-to-top discussions with key external partners (e.g. strategic customers, strategic carriers/vendors)
- Develop and maintain centralized Transportation-related data consumption and reporting layers
Carrier Capacity and Cost Forecasting
- Conduct capacity forecasting and recommend annual carrier capacity plans in alignment with International Transportation, Domestic Transportation, and LSP Management
- Develop annual freight cost forecasting, in partnership with International Ops, Domestic Ops, and MPO teams in support of the NA Finance team to inform 3-year transportation financial planning.
- Measure T&T spend (freight cost and SG&A) actuals vs. forecast and provide input to cross-functional T&T teams
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related discipline
- 6+ years of progressive strategy, operations and/or analytics experience in the logistics field
- 2 additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree
- Broad understanding of supply chain logistics, from consolidator to distribution center to final destination
- Demonstrated experience leading direct reports
- Prior role in strategy, analytics, or performance management
- Background in strategy and/or consulting
- Transportation operations experience
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top