Sr Data Scientist, Membership Experience
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be.
We are a growing team within Nike's Consumer Knowledge Center of Excellence (COE), responsible for using data & analytics to uncover insights into the holistic Nike consumer experience across digital and physical properties.
The Sr. Manager of Membership Experience Analytics will work directly and support the digital product team responsible for the implementation of Nike's Membership program across the Nike Digital Ecosystem (Nike.com and consumer-facing mobile apps). This role will work closely with other members of the Digital Product Analytics team within the Consumer Knowledge COE to leverage a consistent view of the Nike member in defining and implementing program features.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a digital product function with a demonstrated aptitude for understanding the connection of experience analytics to overall strategy and business model.
- Act as a subject matter expert in connecting Nike membership program strategy to digital experience implementation
- Lead the adaptation and application of existing digital measurement frameworks to understand impact generated by digital Membership experiences
- Manage Digital Product Analyst resource to prioritize ad hoc and deep dive project work
- Champion a cross-platform user journey view - incorporating digital and offline elements as needed - to drive strategic alignment in digital Membership roadmap and prioritization
- Work with Digital Product Managers to discover and validate opportunities within the digital member experience in order to inform a testing pipeline that supports and improves execution.
- Translate complex and abstract analytics problems and solutions to business leaders
- Where appropriate, facilitate the scaling of analytics capabilities through the handover, including documentation, of work to longer term owners
- Work with Membership product team and cross-functional analytics colleagues to quantify revenue and business impacts of member programs KPIs, including acquisition and experience engagement
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, econometrics, applied math, operations research, or behavioral sciences is preferred.
- 5+ years' experience with exposure to executing quantitative analysis on digital experiences, development of digital roadmap strategy, and consumer analytics
- Experience working with membership or loyalty programs a plus
- Obsessed with quality, data wrangling, and building repeatable capabilities
- Ability to translate abstract business needs to specific actionable analytics initiatives
- Desire to educate stakeholders and partners in application of data / analytics insights to their core subject areas
- Experience using analytics to understand digital consumer behavior and identify opportunities to accelerate digital growth
- Experience with web analytics applications (i.e. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Fluency in SQL (Hive, Impala) or similar experience in analyzing large structured and unstructured datasets.
- Experience with a statistical package is a plus (i.e. R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.).
- Experience with data visualization tools is a plus (i.e. Tableau, Spotfire, etc.).
- An understanding the current digital product landscape, particularly mobile web, iOS and Android apps & data sources is a plus.
- Desire to manage a complex portfolio of work in a fast moving, dynamic team & business environment.
Back to top