Sport Activity Experience Principal Data Scientist
- Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on principal data scientist who is excited to help Nike members along their fitness and wellness journey. You will help develop ambitious roadmaps, leading and mentoring data scientists and our partner engineers while personalizing our sport activity experiences.
We prioritize finding experts and leaders who will continue to strengthen the collaborative, open and inclusive culture that we continue to build. Our work in activity is new, so we are looking for scientists who are excited about green space! If you are excited to help build a new team and solve big new problems and thrive in a dynamic space where you will drive important efforts independently, please apply!
What will you work on
The Sport Activity Experience Principal Data Scientist will lead the personalization of the sport activity experiences (currently NRC and NTC), help develop and execute experience personalization roadmaps, and partner with the product team and product and platform engineers to deploy models, evolve the experience, and evaluate tests. You will lead efforts to understand user response to drive strategic goals rather than easy to capture real time measures. You will synthesize findings to help guide product decisions, influencing product roadmaps and strategic direction.
Who will you work with
You will be the technical leader of experience personalization efforts in the activity space, reporting to the Senior Director of Sport Activity Data Science. You will partner closely with the principal director of sport performance. The Sport Activity Data Science team embeds with product and engineering teams that deliver Nike's physical activity digital experiences including the Nike Running Club (NRC) and Nike Training Club (NTC) apps. You will also work closely with platform and data engineering teams.
Sport Activity Data Science is part Nike's Consumer Data Science and Insights function So in addition to working with the activity teams, you will participate in our data science labs, study groups, and team activities.
What you bring
- Expertise in and ability to implement and innovate on state-of-the art machine learning, especially ranking and deep learning
- Experience with Python and deep learning in libraries such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Expert knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and distributed computing, both for data and optimization
- Experience leading projects and project teams from problem formulation through delivery, driving advancement towards strategic goals
- Expert understanding of the architecture of consumer facing machine learning and personalization systems
- Ability to influence and communicate, both verbally and in writing, with team members, business partners, and leadership
- Exposure to or participation in the development and execution of an enterprise strategy
- Masters or PhD in computer science, statistics, applied math, or other quantitative discipline
- Experience with AWS and Sagemaker
- Passion for helping others find their version of fitness and wellness
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top