Senior Technology Director, APLA MOVE
- Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture and the impact technology has across the entire organization. She/he must possess a service orientation with the ability to listen and communicate effectively and work collaboratively with all levels of staff and executives across the company.
We're looking for an industry leader in Supply Chain Management, someone who had these experiences at a senior level and clearly demonstrated these skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
• A minimum of 10 years directly relevant work experience in Technology leadership roles with growing responsibilities
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to translate business needs in Technology Solutions
• Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how technology needs to support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals
• Proven ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together and facilitate productive discussions
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Flexible, ability to deal with ambiguity, and a demonstrated desire for continuous personal growth
• Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others within the team
• Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams, and communicate using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting)
• Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
As a Sr leader for APLA MOVE organization lead the technology strategy and execution for logistics and operations functions. APLA is by far the most complex geography in Nike with a fast paced and continuously changing business landscape. The technology ecosystem also mirrors the business complexity with several outstanding country, legal and statutory requirements. As a Sr leader you will demonstrate the leadership maturity to navigate the complex ecosystem of a fast-growing geography and exhibit growth mindset to deliver the best outcomes for technology and our operations business. You will drive the logistics and operations' portfolio and capability delivery across the 6 territories in APLA.
As a strategic thinker you will partner closely with the Sr leaders of APLA Logistics and Operations business and be the guide on technology capabilities and platforms to drive the business forward. Managing ambiguity and change dynamics would come naturally to you and you will lead and guide the APLA geography, in-territory and global technology teams to stay flexible and passionate about outcomes. You will partner closely with Enterprise Architecture and Global delivery teams to have a consistent and scalable platform strategy and roadmap and be the key partner and guide to the broader tech teams.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
Passion for serving the consumer through technology and processes and end to end digitization is a core part of our strategy, and we're looking for a leader who will bring the consumer driven mindset and evangelize that across the teams. You'll get to work alongside truly talented people and help them improve their performance by promoting continuous collaboration and innovation.
Nike Technology brings together technology and process expertise into one streamlined, consumer- and customer-oriented team. If you're the one for this role, you'll be joining the Nike Technology MOVE organization in the Asia Pacific and Latin America (APLA) geography. MOVE organization is passionate about accelerating the digitization of the end-to-end Order to Cash value chain across the company.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
• Proven experience leading Digital Order Management, Inventory Platforms, Fulfillment, Logistics, and Transportation Technologies and Platforms
• Specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in industry leading Supply Chain Technologies and platforms in Logistics and Marketplace operations such as but not limited to SAP Fashion, Digital Order Management, Warehouse Management Solutions and several industries leading open technologies
• Demonstrated ability building scalable and standard application integration landscape via APIs and micro-services to avoid point-to-point integrations
• Demonstrated ability building in-market ground breaking Omni-Channel capabilities to help advocate for and drive the APLA Omni-channel roadmap
• Expert thought leadership and ability to mentor, coach and lead on technical, architectural, design and related issues
• Partner with Global and geography-based business and technology leaders to drive a common and aligned agenda to deliver cutting edge capabilities and proactively advise business partners regarding the development of new services and products that further support and strengthen the capabilities of the business unit and align with the ultimate goals and objectives of the enterprise
• Stong ability to influence and effectively drive decisions cross-functionally and across regions to meet the business and organizational goals. Fosters excellent cross-functional communication and information sharing.
• Proven ability in developing and executing strategic plans
• Proven ability to manage ambiguity and navigate a complex matrix/ecosystem
• Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional ability to work through a diverse partner community across several countries and cultures
• Dealing with executive level professionals to drive business and technology outcomes
• Passion and competency for mentoring, growing and developing the skills of team members
Other critical requirements:
• Strong Critical Thinking
• Strong Leadership identity
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Strong technology background
• Strong Experience in End-to-End Supply Chain processes is required
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top