Senior Software Engineer III - Sports Marketing
- Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
NIKE Global Technology exists to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
If you're ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join Nike's Global Technology Consumers & Marketplace Organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services. We are responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and inherently social experiences to its Digital customers and consumers. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
As a Senior Software Engineer III on our Sports Marketing Engineering team, you will design and build robust services to connect Nike's Contracted Athletes and Teams to our product at an unprecedented scale, across all of Nike's brands, categories and geographies, and give them access to the on-field and off-field product they need to perform at their best.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to lead best practices for our Sports Marketing platforms. In this role, you will collaborate with software development teams and Nike's business to develop and analyze user stories, transform them into implementable components, and deliver inspirational new features to our consumers. The successful candidate is a proven software engineer with excellent communication and current hands-on coding skills.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
• 6+ years software development experience
• Experience leading projects in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline development team environment
• Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.)
• Experience in designing and implementing highly scalable web applications
• Experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Java or Node.js
• Experience working with NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, or MongoDB
• Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
• Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
• Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area. 2 years additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of degree
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top