Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Nike Global Technology is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. Nike encourages athletes worldwide to move faster, push harder and pursue their personal best. From personalized training content to access to sport's top stories, the world of Nike is changing the playing field like nothing before.
The Operations and Logistics Technology team within Global Technology is determined to be a global leader in supply chain technology. We are passionate about Nike and all it represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity, and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for experienced Software Engineer to be part of a mission critical team passionate about building a high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant supply chain platform that drive Nike's Digital transformation and growth strategies. The Software Engineer works as part of the software engineering team.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
You will support mission critical platforms across Inventory, Order Management, Fulfillment and Logistics. The squad you contribute to will own multiple microservice based platforms that use inhouse solutions or best of breed third party packages to deliver value to our consumers. You will create distributed system designs, RESTful API's and infrastructure via code.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will work with globally distributed teams across product, program, architecture and engineering. You will work within your squad to deliver end to end solutions. You will partner with architects and other teams to ensure that the ecosystem of services remains loosely coupled and independently scalable. You will report into the Engineering Manager for your capability area.
WHAT YOU BRING?
- A minimum of 5 years software development experience
- Delivery excellence in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline development team environment
- Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure etc.)
- Experience in crafting and implementing highly scalable web applications
- Experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Java, Node, Scala, Python, etc.
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB etc.
- Experience working with relational data stores like MySQL, Oracle etc.
- Experience with monitoring and tracing tools like Splunk, SignalFx, New Relic etc.
- Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
- Exposure to Supply Chain domain areas like inventory management, order management, logistics management, warehouse management
- Exposure to implementing or integrating with enterprise scale packages like SAP S4, IBM Sterling, Manhattan WMS
- Solid understanding of Scrum and agile principles
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Comfortable working with globally distributed and diverse teams
- Dedication to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively connect with both business and technical teams
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Management, or related field of study or equivalent combination education and experience
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team