Senior Material Developer - Bras
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As our Senior Bras Material Developer, you will partner with Design to define, create and deliver a Bra specific trim and textile palette with a focus on fit, comfort, performance and aesthetics. You will provide a pulse on the intimate's industry trend and manufacturing direction as it relates to materials and bring new and available innovations to life. A strong skillset in both trim and textile development as well as an understanding of Bra fit and function will ensure delivery of great product in the market.
You will develop against the seasonal category and material creative vision, support growth initiatives and go-to-market strategies. You will research and ideate for concept development, test, validate and own technical approval of all Bra trims and textiles. You will work towards our sustainable material strategy, collaborate with manufacturing to drive the pricing, process, and serve as a technical material advisor for the Bras product teams.
In this role you will closely interact with business teams involved in design, product management, product creation, manufacturing, and sustainability as well as focus on driving Global Apparel Material organization priorities.
Materials and Bras should be your passion!
• Bachelor's degree in Textile Science, Apparel Engineering, Apparel/Industrial Design or related field
• Minimum 5 years' relevant work experience in material development, product development or design
• 2 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
• Hands on experience developing bra trims (Elastics, Padding, Closures, Heat transfers) and intimates/performance textiles required
• Strong understanding of Bra fit and function preferred
• Intimates trend and marketplace knowledge is essential
• Exceptional application of development skills working directly with trim & textiles suppliers from yarns to finishes
• Strong researching and ideating skills
• Ability to be creative and technical
• Exceptional communication skills, including strong presentation skills
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top