Senior Manager, North Central, Global Community Impact
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
With a mission to bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world, the power of sport is at the heart of NIKE's DNA. The Global Community Impact (GCI) team fulfills this mission through a sports-led community portfolio that engages partners, organizations, experts, NIKE internal teams and others to move the world and get kids active. Today, the world is moving less and less, and this generation of children is the least physically active ever. Leveraging our resources and ability to inspire, the GCI team engages the NIKE footprint, employees, consumers and the world to shift the paradigm of physical inactivity.
North America Community Impact Senior Manager, Chicago/North Central Territory
As the NA Community Impact Sr. Manager for the North Central Territory, you'll be a critical member of the NA team focused on delivering strategies that positively impact both the community and the business.
The power of sport is at the heart of Nike's DNA - with our mission to bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. You will partner with the different enabling functions throughout the Nike matrix to ensure Nike is a positive and impactful member of the community. Leveraging our resources and ability to inspire, you'll engage Nike employees, consumers and external partners across the North Central Territory to get kids more physically active.
The North America Community Impact team drives a large, innovative portfolio of programmatic investments; engages in complex partnerships with community stakeholders; and partners closely with the brand to deliver transformational experiences for the kids, the community, and our consumer.
While the Community Impact Sr. Manager for North Central will prioritize investments and partnerships in Chicago, this role will support activity across the region, aligned to business priorities, including in other cities. This role is a perfect fit for those with a background in community programs, strong communication and influencing skills, and the ability to translate the complex into the simple.
Key Focus Areas:
• Manage all community investments across the Territory; develop a strategy for focusing on highest return efforts while effectively responding to "reactive" needs
• Support the VP/GM of North Central Territory in public affairs/external engagement, representing Nike NA
• Drive Programmatic activity and support the North Central Brand team in local efforts to integrate community into category and/or territory-led initiatives
• Create a holistic approach and "single Nike voice" for our community work in the territory: aligning the efforts and interests of Global Community Impact, Brand and Nike Direct (retail) at the local level
• Represent Global Community Impact internally and externally. Work in partnership with public and private entities to deliver results.
• Support efforts to engage employees in community impact
• Share and integrate best practices from across the Global Community Impact team
• Bachelor's degree preferred; two years of additional experience in lieu of degree
• 5-10 years of experience in public affairs, corporate responsibility, or community investment.
• Proven experience in developing strategy and delivering results for diverse and complex environments. History of working with civic and non-profit organizations in Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Toronto preferred (key Territory cities).
• Experience working with internal teams, including Government Affairs and Communication functions, to support business objectives and to provide intelligence, monitoring and strategic advice to government affairs and communications teams on strategic priorities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with presentation experience preferred.
• Superior interpersonal skills and ability to navigate complex internal and external organizations.
• Ability to travel up to 15%
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Back to top